OFFERED AT : $13,900
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Thanks for viewing this absolutely stunning 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ offered by Davis AutoSports!!!! Here at Davis AutoSports, we are Nationally Known as the leading XJ Builder and Seller. We have built, restored and sold well over 400 Cherokee XJs over the years. This Jeep came to us in absolutely pristine condition both MECHANICALLY AND COSMETICALLY !!!! We see so many XJs in our shop between the ones we sell, build and service and you simply do NOT find them like this one. This XJ truly looks like a 20-30k mile SUV it REALLY is that nice. The original paint is simply incredible, the interior is equally impressive and the undercarriage is as clean and rust free as any XJ. All the "common" XJs issues these Jeeps have are NOT plaguing this XJ. As these XJs are getting harder and harder to find and becoming a true classic, this is the RIGHT Jeep....PLEASE MAKE SURE TO VIEW ALL THE PHOTOS AND VIDEO BELOW....This Jeep has had ONLY 2 loving owners in the last 18 years and has been perfectly maintained. !!!!!
- HEADLINER - BRAND NEW
- SIDE TRIM - NEW PAINT
- BUMPER CAPS - NEW PAINT
- AC SYSTEM - ICE COLD
- OIL PAN GASKET - RECENTLY REPLACED
- VALVE COVER GASKET - RECENTLY REPLACED
- REAR MAIN SEAL GASKET - RECENTLY REPLACED
- REAR DIFF - RECENTLY SERVICED
- FRONT DIFF - RECENTLRY SERVICED
The exterior of this Jeep is in AMAZING condition. The paint is all ORIGINAL and has a great shine and very smooth finish. We did our full paint correction service on this Jeep with is about a 3-4 day process with 2 guys. We also removed the bumper caps, sanded and prepped and repainted them in a new black finish. We did the same process for the side trim. Please keep in mind, this is a 18-year-old Jeep, so it will have some VERY minor wear but ZERO damage. This Jeep was 100% garage kept, I can assure you, the hood and roof paint does NOT last nor look this incredible if it was stored outside and the paint is ORIGINAL... Please view the entire video to see the amazing condition and ENTIRE condition report. I tried to include as many pictures as possible so you can see the true condition of the Jeep.....This truck is SIMPLY GORGEOUS in person. You will be very very impressed with with the condition of exterior. I would also like to note, the wheels are perfect and the lug nuts show ZERO rust or even typical pitting. You will NOT find another XJ like this!!!!
The interior of this Jeep is in Amazing condition for the year and mileage. There are ZERO odors, ZERO signs of smoke, dog hair, and food. The seats look amazing with no cracks on the side bolster section which these seats are notorious for. The headliner was staring to become loose in a few areas so we are replacing with a brand new one. All trim panels, door panels, door jams, etc show amazingly well. You will not find another XJ like this one. I would like to add, the touch buttons literally show like new.
This Cherokee is in great condition in every way, the motor runs great and is very strong and starts up fine with no issues. All driving components work just as they should, the tranny is nice and tight and shifts very smooth. The complete drive-train has no issues. As great condition as this truck is, IT IS a pre owned car therefore you will find some minor wear from it being driven, both interior and exterior. I would also like to add the AC is ICE cold !!!
ALL VEHICLES COME WITH A 12 MONTH VIRGINIA STATE INSPECTION
INSPECT BRAKES FOR:
* Worn, damaged or missing parts.
* Worn, contaminated or defective linings or drums.
* Leaks in system, proper fluid level.
* Worn, contaminated or defective disc pads or discs.
(NOTE: A minimum of two wheels and drums must be removed from each vehicle at the time of inspection. Consult the official inspection manual for exceptions.)
4. - INSPECT PARKING BRAKE FOR:
* Broken or missing parts.
* Proper adjustment.
* Standard factory equipment or equivalent.
5. - INSPECT HEADLIGHTS FOR:
* Approved type, aim, and output.
* Condition of lamp, wiring and switch.
* Beam indicator.
Top of page6. - INSPECT OTHER LIGHTS FOR:
* Approved type, proper bulbs, condition of lenses, wiring and switch.
* Aim of fog and driving lamps.
* Illumination of all lamps, lens color, and condition of lens.
(NOTE: Every vehicle must have a rear lamp showing a red light to the rear, a white light illuminating the rear license plate; vehicles over 7 feet wide or extending 4 inches or more beyond the front fender extremes must be equipped with approved clearance lamps and reflex reflectors. Count load in measuring.)
7. – INSPECT SIGNAL DEVICE FOR:
* Approved type, proper bulbs, condition of lenses, wiring and switch.
* Correct indications and tell-tale (visual or audible).
* Illumination of all lamps, lens color, and condition of lens.
8. – INSPECT STEERING & SUSPENSION FOR: (Jack up front end as shown in Manual)
* Wear in bushings, kingpins, ball joints, wheel bearings, tie rod ends.
* Looseness of gear box on frame, condition of drag link and steering arm.
* Play in steering wheel.
* Wheel alignment and axle alignment.
* Broken spring leaves, and worn shackles.
* Shock absorbers.
* Broken frame.
* Broken or missing engine mounts.
* Lift blocks.
9. – INSPECT TIRES, WHEELS & RIMS FOR:
* Condition of tires including tread depth.
* Mixing radials and bias ply tires.
* Wheels that are cracked or damaged so as to affect safe operation.
10. – INSPECT MIRROR FOR:
* Rigidity of mounting.
* Condition of reflecting surface.
* View of road to rear (Truck mirrors must extend at least halfway beyond edge of body) – (Visibility 200 feet to rear).
Top of page11. – INSPECT HORN FOR:
* Electrical connections, mounting and horn button.
* Emits sound audible for a minimum of 200 feet.
12. – INSPECT WINDSHIELD AND OTHER GLASS FOR:
* Approved type safety glass.
* Cloudiness, distortion or other obstruction to vision.
* Cracked, scratched or broken glass.
* Stickers. ALL UNAUTHORIZED STICKERS MUST BE REMOVED.
* Sunshading material attached to the windshield to ensure it does not extend more than 3 inches downward from the top of windshield, unless authorized by Medical Waiver Certificate.
* Operation of left front door glass.
13. – INSPECT WINDSHIELD WIPER/DEFROSTER FOR:
* Operating condition.
* Condition of blade.
14. – INSPECT EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR:
* Exhaust line-manifold, gaskets, pipes, mufflers, connections, etc.
* Leakage of gases at any point from motor to point discharged from system.
15. – INSPECT LICENSE TAGS FOR:
* Illumination of rear plate.
16. – INSPECT HOOD AND AREA UNDER THE HOOD FOR:
* Operating condition of hood latch.
* Presence of emissions system -Evidence that any essential parts have been removed, rendered inoperative or disconnected.
* Fluid levels that are below the proper level
1. Brake fluid.
2. Power steering fluid.
* Power steering belt - proper tension, wear, or absence.
Top of page17. – INSPECT AIR POLLUTION CONTROL SYSTEM (1973 and Subsequent Models) FOR:
(NOTE: This includes the catalytic converter and the fuel tank filler pipe.)
18. – INSPECT DRIVER’S SEAT FOR:
19. – INSPECT SEAT BELTS FOR:
* Approved type.
20. – INSPECT AIR BAG AND AIRBAG READINESS LIGHT FOR:
* Any defects in the air bag system noted by the air bag readiness light, or otherwise indicated; or
* The air bag has been deployed and has not been replaced (and is not deactivated because of a medical or other exemption and a notice is posted to indicate that it has been deactivated); or
* Any part of the air bag system has been removed from the vehicle; or
* If the air bag indicator fails to light, or stays on continuously.
21. – INSPECT DOORS AT THE RIGHT & LEFT SIDE OF THE DRIVER’S SEAT FOR:
* Handle or opening device which will permit the opening of the door from the outside and inside of the vehicle.
* Latching system which will hold door in its proper closed position.
22. – INSPECT FUEL SYSTEM FOR:
* Any part that is not securely fastened.
* Liquid fuel leakage.
* Fuel tank filler cap for presence.
23. – INSPECT FLOOR PAN FOR:
(a) Holes which allow exhaust gases to enter occupant compartment.
(b) Conditions which create a hazard to the occupants.
Terms of Sale Overview
The successful buyer will submit a $500.00 non-refundable deposit via paypal or credit card within 48 hours of auction close to secure the vehicle. Buyer agrees to pay remaining balance within 7 days. All financial transactions must be completed before delivery of the vehicle.
Acceptable Payment Methods:
Cash (In Person), certified check, cashiers check, bank wire transfer, or third party approved financing. Please call prior to bidding to insure your third party financing is acceptable terms of payment. All checks are made payable to Davis AutoSports.
Fees and Taxes:
Davis AutoSports charges a $179.00 processing fee. All buyers are responsible for state, county, city taxes and fees, as well as title or registration fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered. Buyers are responsible for tax, title & tag fees in the state the vehicle will be registered.
- You can reach us via email at JD@DavisAutoSports.Com
- Call Jonathan Davis at the numbers below:
- Office (804) 222-1155
- Cell (202) 491-9929
- Fax (804) 222-1166
- We are located at 5455 Fox Rd. Richmond, VA 23250
Term and Conditions:
All vehicles are sold AS-IS with NO Warranty unless noted differently above. We sell late model, low mileage vehicles that may still have existing manufacturer's warranty. All inspections must be completed and financing arranged prior to bidding. Pre-sale inspections are welcomed and encouraged. Inspection companies are available on the internet as well as eBay. We will gladly take the vehicle to your choice of inspection station within 30 mins of our dealership. Additional keys, owners manuals, key fobs, CD cartridges, and navigation disc may not be available if not included in the listing. These vehicles are sometimes on eBay up to 3-4 weeks before being sold, are driven by employees and test driven by customers, therefore the mileage can be up to 1000 miles more that listed above but is typically only up to 100 miles more than listed above.
We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction. We reserve the right to cancel bids from those with excessive negative feedback. Please email or call us if you have negative feedback or zero feedback prior to bidding. Zero feedback bidders who don't contact us will have their bid canceled. Upon final inspection of the vehicle, if the vehicle is not as described the purchaser does not have to complete the transaction. We shall gladly refund your deposit IF THE VEHICLE IS NOT AS DESCRIBED. If your vehicle is shipped and upon it's arrival, if it not as described we will gladly accept the vehicle back for a 100% refund of the vehicle price ONLY if the vehicle remains with the transportation company. The vehicle Must remain with the shipping company in these cases. Buyer pays for all shipping charges. Please expect wear associated with age, miles, and vehicle history. We do our very best to describe the actual condition of each vehicle, but please dont rely solely on our content, pictures or even videos. We may use adjectives to describe a vehicle which are the opinions of our staff, not fact. The entire content of the above listing is simply an opinion and not fact. The vehicle listed above may have dings, dents, paint chips, faded paint, clear coat peeling, previous paint work, windshield chips, windshield cracks, wheel scuffs, worn tires, frame damage, frame rust, fluid leaks, scratches, undercarriage rust and/or other wear & defects that are associated with age and mileage that are not visible in the pictures & video, or even mentioned. Please expect stains in carpets, stress lines, worn spots on seats, and other common interior wear even if NOT shown in photos. We attempt to accurately describe our vehicles condition with photos and text. The content in this listing is subjective and should be used as a guide to determine a vehicles condition prior to bidding. If you do not see something photographed or specifically described, please do not assume anything as we are here to answer all questions. Please expect wear and flaws standard on most used vehicles. Maintenance, check engine lights and related issues are the responsibility of the new owner. In efforts to satisfy all of customers, we highly recommend Pre-Puchase Inspections PRIOR to winning or agreeing to purchase a vehicle. We will Gladly bring the vehicle to ANY inspection station of your choice within 30 minutes of our dealership. The customer can make arrangements to get vehicle to ANY inspection station if farther than 30 minutes from our dealership at your cost. Please make an appointment prior to picking up your new vehicle. Allow up to 30 days upon receiving the vehicle title. Prior to bidding, arrangements must be made with our company if your vehicle is not to be picked up in person or if shipping is arranged by the buyer within 7 days. Storage fees of $35.00 per day incur after the 7th day if no prior arrangements have been made in WRITING. Non paying bidders are subject to the following guidelines, a $500.00 re-listing fee and also eBay's non-paying bidder’s recourse. All non-paying bidders that do not communicate with our company are subject to judgments up to $500.00 with Henrico County Small Claims Court. Suits are filed automatically with our legal department. All transactions are taken place in Henrico County so thats where all claims from buyer and seller would be filed. By bidding, you agree to all terms and conditions stated above. If you do not intend on paying for your purchase, we highly recommend you not to bid on our auctions. We pursue all non paying bidders. Deposits are non refundable. We value the integrity of our company, products, employees and most of all, our customers, so by bidding on our auctions you are in agreement to our complete terms of sale.
Thanks again for viewing this vehicle by Davis AutoSports!!